Wahid Foundation was established to advance the humanitarian vision of KH Abdurrahman Wahid (Gus Dur). Wahid Foundation strives for a just and peaceful world by espousing a moderate and tolerant view of Islam and working towards welfare for all.
Wahid Foundation and National Counter Terrorism Agency (BNPT) are implementing a collaborative program to maximize the secretariat function on the Indonesia Knowledge Hub on Countering Terrorism and Violent Extremism (I-KHub on CT/VE) secretariat platform which can be accessed on the www.ikhub.id, a platform launched by BNPT created to collect data and information as well as a means to strengthen coordination, collaboration and cooperation in efforts to combat terrorism and violent extremism by utilizing information technology.
Now, we are seeking for the role of Research Officer- I-KHub on Jakarta based with the following keys:
- Assist the Project Coordinator in preparing and implementing the work plan of I-KHub BNPT according to the time specified.
- Developing and creating importing and strategic product knowledge of I-KHub, including from external or expert sources.
- Analyze relevant data and information about security, CT/VE and current issues.
- Conducting regular strategic and essential forums.
- Prepare a periodical public report and brief analysis on CT/VE issues in Indonesia.
- Provide supervision for regular publication.
- Coordinate with other secretariat team members and stakeholders in carrying out their work.
- Routinely report the results of their work and the obstacles faced to the Project Coordinator
- I-KHub BNPT has well managed and strong quality of publications, forums and product knowledge.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor degree (master degree is preferable) of social sciences, securities or international relation or any relevant studies;
- Strong knowledge of countering terrorism, violent extremism and the security field;
- At least 3 years’ experience in research on P/CVE studies;
- Have the ability to analyze data with various theoretical perspectives and contexts, and present them in research reports and working papers;
- Preferably have experience in research and data visualization with any tools (Tableau, Metabase, GDS);
- Good understanding on working within government system;
- Work experience with CSOs, donor agencies and Think Tank, research agencies or multilaterals is preferable;
- Comfortable in communicating and influencing different levels of stakeholders in English and Bahasa Indonesia (written and verbal).
- Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
1 (one) year starts from August 2022 with the option for extension.
A competitive salary package will be offered based on the experience of the successful candidate and current market rates to the preferred candidate in line with local Indonesian labour laws.
How to Apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Wahid Foundation team by sending your CV detailing relevant experiences and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Officer” in your email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
Position closes Friday, July 1, 2022.