Vision & Mission
- Wahid Foundation seeks to implement the intellectual vision of H.E. Abdurrahman Wahid for the development of Indonesia, the welfare of the nation, and the social justice of humankind based on Islamic values that uphold pluralism, multiculturalism, democracy, and human rights.
- Wahid Foundation strives for a just and peaceful world by espousing a moderate and tolerant view of Islam and working towards welfare for all.
- Cultivating, maintaining and spreading the Islamic values of peace and tolerance.
- Cultivating dialogues among local and international cultures to expand harmony between Islam and various cultures and religions of the world.
- Fostering initiatives to strengthen civil and society and good governance in Indonesia in expanding democracy.
- Promoting active participations of various religious groups in cultural dialogues and dialogues for peace.